«own boat tuition»

We understand that sometimes you want to learn in the familiar environment of your own boat and people you know. Our instructorscan teach you anything from a full RYA course to maybe just a day’s instruction focusing on your own individual requirements. Instruction can be arranged any time that is suitable for you for a minimum of one day. There will be an extra charge to cover the instructor’s travel fromVMByachts and you will be responsible for feeding the instructor throughout the training. All running costs associated with the running of the boat will be borne by the owner

Own boat tuition can be arranged from any of the ports along Italy and beyond by arrangement, (from the Red Sea to the Carribean Sea!). Own boat tuition is a popular option as it gives you the chance to get to know your vessel at your own pace. In this way you get the most from your training. Courses can be custom made to gain an RYA qualification, such as the RYA International Certificate of Competence (ICC) or even RYA Yachtmaster®. Alternatively training can address a specifice area, such as boat handling in the confined spaces of a Marina 

Please contact us for specific arrangements and prices

«mileage building»

These cruises have been designed for sailors who need to gain experience and miles for reasons of Yachtmaster® qualifications, personal development, confidence building and improve their skills. The choice and the program of the cruise will be set up together during the first evening taking into consideration the weather and to make sure you will cover all the items of the cruising: manoeuvre and handling, navigation and weather, technologies and maintenance, security and life on board. This is also an opportunity to learn how to plan a fairly long cruise and succeed in making the right choices about the weather strategy and the requirements of the crew

During the passages students take it in turns to be skipper for the day. This gives the student experience of taking charge of a yacht and crew whilst under the guidance of the instructor. The instructor will take over to make sure all the items required at the beginning are covered with exercises, briefings and debriefings.Joining one of these passages allows you to venture out into challenging waters that you might not consider on your own

Please contact us for specific arrangements and prices

«courses for under 16»

If going to sea and living on board is what you fancy, why not try the introductory courses in our sail cruising scheme?

You could take the two day Start Yachting course or the five day Competent Crew course to give you an introduction to skippering the boat and teach you how to be a useful crew member. At 16 you can move on to our skippering courses, starting with the Day Skipper course 

Cruising courses usually involve staying on board the boat so VMByachts will only teach you if you are accompanied by an adult. A great way to experience life at sea without your parents is to sail on board a sail training ship. Whilst learning to sail you will live on board with people your own age and have a go at all aspects of running a boat.

It's a great adventure!

Please contact us for specific arrangements and prices

«international certificate of competence (icc)»

An RYA Yachtmaster® Certificate of Competence is often the ultimate aim of aspiring skippers. It is a well known, highly respected qualification worldwide, proving your experience and competence as a skipper. Unlike other courses in the cruising programme, there is no formal training to complete in order to become a Yachtmaster®. Instead, provided that you have sufficient experience and seatime, you can put yourself forward for an exam to test your skills and knowledge. Many Yachtmaster® candidates choose to book themselves into an RYA training centre for some tailor-made tuition to prepare them for the exam, but this is not compulsory. Full details of Certificates of Competence including Yachtmaster® Coastal, Yachtmaster® Offshore and Yachtmaster® Ocean including how to take your exam. Working with a Yachtmaster® Coastal certificate: A commercially endorsed Yachtmaster® Coastal Certificate of Competence will enable you  to skipper vessels up to 24 metres in length, operating in category 3,4,5, and 6 waters - up to 20 miles from a safe haven;

Working with a Yachtmaster® Offshore certificate: A commercially endorsed Yachtmaster® Offshore Certificate of Competence will enable you to work as a Master of commercial vessels of up to 200gt in category 1 to 6 waters - that is up to 150 miles from a safe haven. This Certificate of Competence can used commercially in its own right, or as a pre-requisite for the MCA’s Officer of the Watch qualification, which enables you to work worldwide on vessels of up to 3000gt. Working with a Yachtmaster®Ocean certificate: A commercially endorsed Yachtmaster® Ocean Certificate of Competence will enable you to work worldwide as a Master of commercial vessels of up to 200gt. This Certificate of Competence can be used commercially in its own right. It is also a pre-requisite for the MCA’s Chief Mate, Master 500 and Master 3000 qualifications 

Please contact us for more info and prices

«cevni test»

Code Européen des Voies de la Navigation Intérieure

You need an RYA CEVNI Test certificate, with an International Certificate of Competence (ICC), for navigation inland in most of continental Europe. This is the European inland waterways version of Colregs, with many additions to symbols, signals, lights, buoyage, rules and signage. Inland waterways in Europe carry large volumes of commercial traffic, and the navigation rules are more extensive than on the sea

The RYA CEVNI Test is a short multiple choice exam. Part 1 has 15 questions on buoyage and signs, and Part 2 has 15 questions about lights, shapes and sound signals. You must score 11 correct answers in each section  

Please contact us for specific arrangements and prices

share VMByachts  on social

VMB Yachts RYA Training centre Italy | footer logos